- This event has passed.
Valentine’s Day 2019 in the Cape Winelands
Celebrate Valentine’s Day 2019 in the Cape Winelands. From picnics under the stars to candle-lit dinners to music concerts and movie nights, wine estates and estate restaurants are laying on a tempting array of events to celebrate the Day of Love.
Valentine’s Day Specials in the Cape Winelands
5 course Valentine’s Dinner with a complimentary glass of bubbly (add a vintage wine pairing for R395 pp)
Cost: R795 per person
Tapas for 2 in the Forest at Venue D’Aria – Enjoy romantic walks through the evergreen terrain of endless lawn and rich natural forest.
R1200 per couple
3 course Valentine’s Lunch (plated menu with a Valentines cocktail) – R450 per person
4 course Valentine’s Dinner (Tappas menu with a glass of Diemersdal Sparkling Sauvignon Blanc as well as a Valentines cocktail) – R500 per person
Cavalli Wine & Stud Farm
5 course set Valentine’s Dinner. R800 per person.
(including Breads & Snacks, a welcome drink and petite fours.)
Delaire Graf Estate
4 course set menu with live entertainment by Carol Thorns. R1300 per person.
Delvera Wine Estate
Join the Mixtape on the 14th of Feb at Delvera Wine Estate for a Valentines show with a view and a difference as they take you on a mixtape journey through Meet Up, Break Up and Make Up. Under 12’s are free and there is lots of kids entertainment while the parents enjoy good music, food & drink in a relaxed atmosphere on the lawns. See the wonderful views of the winelands, Klapmutskop and Table Mountain as the sun sets.
Cost: R100 per adult / R175 – Dirtopia Cheese and Meat Platter
Time 19:00 – 21:00h
Devondale Golf & Wine Estate
Valentine’s Day fun run with wine ‘n dine – 5km fun run/walk followed by live entertainment, food stalls, cocktail bar, wine bar and beer by Stellenbosch Brewing Company.
Cost: R80 – 5km per Adult / R100 – 5km Late Entry per Adult / R50 – Children under 14 years
Time: 18:00 – 21:30h
Dornier Wine Estate
Tapas styled Valentine’s dinner served in 3 flights featuring bubbly on arrival, 8 delectable Tapas plates to share and a bottle of Dornier Merlot to take home. Each tapas flight has been optionally paired with Dornier wines. Dinner starts at 18h30 for 19h00. Booking is essential. R900 per couple and R125 per person for optional wine pairing.
3 course Valantine’s Dinner with panoramic views of the Bottelary Hills. Guests can expect complementary sparkling wine on arrival, followed by a delectable three course menu curated by Chef Lamek Mnisi. R480 per person.
Le Pommier Wine Estate
Located in the breathtakingly beautiful Banhoek Valley Le Pommier Wine Estate offers on Valentine’s Day
- 3 course romantic meal at our cosy restaurant R350 per person
- Romantic sundowner picnic overlooking the majestic Simonsberg mountains, consisting of mouth-watering treats and award winning Le Pommier wines R500 per basket sharing for 2
- A delightful weekend away just for the two of you, romantic dinner, bed, breakfast R1250 per person sharing.
The House of JC le Roux
Valentine’s Dinner at only R260 per person for a 2-course delight,
R295 per person for the 3-course feast, or
R550 per couple for the 3-course, Vegetarian options available on request.
Time: 18h30 for 19h00
- Stay at Zevenwacht Wine Estate Valentine’s Special – R2000 per couple. Enjoy the breathtaking sunset while indulging in a scrumptious picnic basket on your private patio.
(Special includes: Accommodation for two, picnic basket for two, MCC, Lindt chocolate, breakfast for two and a beautiful sunset)
- 3 course Valentine’s Dinner in the Manor House overlooking the lake. Guests will receive a complementary craft gin & tonic on arrival, followed by a delectable three course meal. – R375+10% per person.
- Romantic sundowner picnic on our lush lawns overlooking the lake, including a picnic basket for two, a throw, cushions and helium balloons and two glasses of complementary sparkling wine. R600 per couple.
- Or otherwise couples are more than welcome to book a picnic basket for two and enjoy the sun set on our picnic lawn. R440 per basket for two.
Rhone Rose Garden Valentine’s Picnic R825 per couple (including a glass of bubbly on arrival live entertainment and a Valentine’s gift.)
Enjoy a romantic picnic under the stars in our Rhone Rose Garden while listening to acclaimed Cape saxophonist, Don Vino Prins. Couples will receive a glass of bubbly upon arrival, Valentine’s gift and a romantic picnic basket.
Time 18:30 – 22:00h
- Boschendal Valentine Privé Picnics
Whether you are planning the perfect proposal or just wanting a private romantic evening the Privé Picnics situated across the farm offers one of a kind experiences for three couples.
Executive Chef, Christiaan Campbell, and his team will be adding a romantic twist to the picnic basket and a private waiter will be discreetly on hand to assist each couple. All Privé Picnics include a glass of bubbly upon arrival, live entertainment for a portion of the evening and a Valentine’s gift.
– Secret Rose Garden – R6500 | Includes a sunset horse ride, private picnic in the Rhone Homestead Rose Garden with a bottle of wine.
– Love Nest – R7000 | Includes a sunset horse ride or vintage car ride, private picnic in the historic fowl run and a bottle of wine.-
– The Werf Pavilion – R8000 | Includes a horse and carriage ride, private picnic at the Werf Pavilion, a bottle of wine and MCC.
Time 18:30 – 22:00h
- Boschendal – The Werf Restaurant
4 course dinner with a welcome cocktail at Werf Restaurant, romantic tunes provided by Spanish guitarist Wesley Hlava.
The cost is R1250 per person
Holden Manz Wine Estate
- Lovers’ Picnic – R800 per basket for two lovers including a bottle rosé & bottle sparkling or still
Time: 12:00 – 16:00h
- 4 course Valentine’s Dinner R650 per person / R950 incl. wine pairing
“Romantic Treasure Hunt” Valentine’s picnic with Cape Music and beautiful tranquil surroundings.
The cost is R600 per couple
Time: 19:00 – 22:00h
Only 50 couples will be hosted!
Avondale Wine Estate / Faber Restaurant
Contemporary farm-to-fork 7 course tasting menu, organic MCC on arrival.
On Chef Dale Steven’s menu for the evening, aphrodisiacs such as mushrooms, oyster and chocolate can be expected. The tasting menu is also available paired with our estate wines, to ensure that special someone is spoilt with a winelands Valentine’s Day to remember.
Cost for the 7 course tasting menu
R700 excluding wine pairing (per person)
R880 including wine pairing (per person)
Valentine’s Day Dinner & Dance – Stroll through our gardens with a complimentary arrival drink. Enjoy a three course meal with music entertainment and dance the night away with your loved one… R600 per couple (including a Valentines gift & free entry in our lucky draw)
5 course Valentine’s Day Dinner – Bookings from 18h30 Welcome drink and canapé with music by violinist, Bianca Joseph. Harvest Platter per couple. Dinner served from 20h00 with music by guest musician, John the Frank.
Cost: R495 per person (excludes wine, gratuity and additional beverages)
Grande Roche Hotel / Bosman’s Restaurant
5 course Gourmet Valentine’s Day Dinner – R945 per person
Rhebokskloof Wine Estate
Valentine’s Day Open-Air Cinema – "Just go with it" with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston
Price includes a movie ticket, romantic picnic, hay bale seating, a bottle of wine or grape juice per couple and a wine glass.
No own food or beverages allowed. Bring your own picnic blanket and cushions.
Cost: R780 per couple / R435 single person
Time: Doors open and pinic collection 17:00 h / Movie starts at 20:00 h
Tickets available via webtickets
Val Du Charron
3 course Valentine’s Menu at Piza e Vino Restaurant – R299 per person – includes live music and a flower for each valentine.
3 course Valentine’s Menu at The Grillroom Restaurant – R375 per person – includes live music and a flower on arrival.
5 course Valentine’s Dinner – R550 per person
Ecology Lifestyle Farm
Valentine’s Dinner Dance – Ecology Restaurant’s latest taste explosion: Tantalising exotic Eastern sharing tapas perfectly paired with PaardenKloof Wines.
The experience includes four courses, each featuring two dishes.
Cost: R350 per person
Jan Harmsgat Country House
Valentine’s Picnic – R350 per couple
3 course Valentine’s Menu and Live music (Andre Combrink)
Cost: R325 per person